Saturday, January 26, 2013

Urban Decay Basic Palete

I know that maybe you all guys have seen a million reviews on you tube about the Urban Decay Basic Palette but I would like to share my opinion too. So I order this baby like 3 weeks ago from Sephora.com for $27.00 and I have been playing with it for some weeks already and all I can say is that I am really enjoying this little Palette. I have always been scare of taking my Naked 2 with me where ever I go because I feel like its going to break or something. So I find this Basic Palette to be very travel safe. So this Palette has only 6 eyeshadows 5 which are matte and 1 satin finish one. I believe they are all new colors with the exception of Foxy which was on the Naked 2 Palette and by the way it is my favorite highlight color. I am a very big fan of matte eyeshadows because i think they look the most settle. I love nude and neutrals colors and if you do too then you might just love this palette. I have seen other reviews on you tube about the palette and some say that the eyeshadows are chalky and have a lot of fall out. Well let me tell you that UD shadows have always had fall out. & i must say that the lighter colors look chalky but once you blend them out they are amazing. I love how UD shadows are easy to blend out. You can create a couple of looks with this palette and I have been enjoying just creating one look using all the shadows haha. I like the feeling about the packaging and how compact it is and how it has a big mirror :)




Some of the colors look very light in the pan but once you out them on they are darker than they appear. The first 3 colors may look identical but they are different. What I also love about this shadows that you can use them to fill in your eyebrows too.

Left to Right: Venus, Foxy, W.O.S, Naked 2, and Crave.



Venus: Satin Shimmery Finish, off white silver undertone, highlight color.
Foxy: Matte, Yellow undertone, lid color.
W.O.S: Matte, Pink undertone, lid color.
Naked 2: Matte, ashy light brown, Blonde eyebrows crease color.
Faint: Matte, medium brown, brunette brows, crease outer conner color.
Crave: Matte, black with deep brown undertone, eyeliner and outer corner.




Here are some swatches. The top dots are finger swatches and I made brush swatches at the bottom they are very pigmented are build able, they are great for everyday use. If you don't want to waste money on this you can always find dupes because these are very basic colors. 

Dupes: 
Bh Cosmetic Neutral Palette
Venus: Bootycall Naked 2 Palette, Call my Buff Benefit Worlds Famous Neutrals, Milani Pearl.
Foxy: Brulle Wet and Wild & MAC. 
W.O.S: Drinking a glass of shine Wet & Wild, Tease Naked 2.
Naked 2:MAC Omega.
FaintWedge MAC.
Crave: Panter Wet & Wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment